Got a Problem Drinker?
A Teen Drug User?
An Alcoholic Addict?
Get help here!
Alcoholics and addicts are everywhere.
In just the USA there are 50 million family members and friends affected by an alcoholic's or addict's self abusive behavior.
World wide there are one billion!
You are not alone.
Whatever your particular circumstances, you’ve taken the first step by admitting that there is a problem. Congratulations! The hardest step in getting help for your family's alcoholic or addict problem is admitting that the problem exists.
I know. It took me five years to admit that I had a problem! Five years of increasingly abusive behavior on the part of my alcoholic addict wife before I was able to get over my own stubborn belief that I could control her behavior. Five years of denial that there was a problem.
What will you find here?
In these pages you will find lessons I learned from people who have been where you are right now. People who were depressed, angry, sad, frustrated or suicidal because of their loved one’s drinking or drugging behavior. People who had lost all hope yet have since discovered ways to bring happiness back into their lives.
Although there are similarities between each alcoholic or addict family situation, each also has its own unique characteristics. No one approach is right for all situations. It is my hope that in these pages you will find ideas that you can tailor to your particular situation.
Why this web site was built?
When I first admitted that I had a problem with my alcoholic addict wife’s drinking and drug use, I went looking for information. And found very little. There was lots of information for alcoholics and addicts but very little for the family and friends who are affected by their drinking or drugging behavior.
During my search for information and ideas about how to deal with my alcoholic addict wife, a lot of people shared their lessons with me. I made myself a promise that one day I would pass on the lessons that I learned.
How is the information organized?
When I started looking for answers I had many questions. As a result I have organized much of the information provided in a question and answer format. Information is also organized in more traditional ways, but the question and answer approach seemed to work best for sharing much of the information that is gathered here.
So, to get started, choose a topic from the index on the left, or go to the alcoholic addict family's Master Question List and pick the question you most want answered first.
And remember, if you were not a loving, compassionate person, you would not be here looking ways to make life better for you and your loved ones.
Did you find this site useful?
Remember to book mark it so that you can return when new questions occur to you.
Want to ask a question or make a comment?
Please go here.
For Drug Abusers
If you are a drug abuser looking for information, this site has some information for you. However, for more a more in depth look from the point of view of a recovering drug abuser, try this site:
Drug-Abuse-Support.com (Opens new window)
- Alcoholic addict family stories.
- Reader's stories about their alcoholic addict family experiences.
- Reader's Story Blog
- The Reader's Story Blog provides tips, ideas and strategies for dealing with your codependent, alcoholic or addict relationship.
- Living In Recovery With Your Alcoholic Addict
- Living in recovery with your alcoholic addict
- Useful lessons for living with your alcoholic addict
- Twelve Myths About Alcoholism and Drug Addiction
- There are many “facts” about alcoholism and drug addiction that are simply not true. They are in fact myths.
- What is Alcoholism? How do I know if someone is alcoholic?
- Ten Warning Signs of Alcoholism
- Ten Warning Signs of Alcoholism.
- Alcoholism Test
- Alcoholism test for those dealing with alcoholics.
- Alcohol Abuse
- What is alcohol abuse? What is alcoholism? How do they differ? Does it matter?
- Alcoholic Family
- Do you live n an alcoholic family? What are the characteristics of an alcoholic family?
- Alcoholic Maze
- The Alcoholic Maze is an exercise in experiencing what it is like to find yourself living with an alcoholic.
- What is codependency?
- Codependency Test
- Codependency Test: Identify the degree to which your unhealthy codependent behavior is contributing to the problems in your alcoholic or addict relationship.
- Discussion of enabling an its role in encouraging alcoholism and drug abuse.
- Enabling Test
- How can I tell if I am enabling my alcoholic or addict? Is there an enabling test?
- Drug Abuse
- What is drug abuse? What is substance abuse?
- Drug Abuse Test
- Drug abuse test for those dealing with an addict or drug abuser.
- Drug Abuse Types
- What are the drug abuse types?
- Finding Help
- Finding help with alcoholism. Finding help with drug abuse.
- For Children of Alcoholics or Addicts
- For children of alcoholics or addicts
- For The Parent of an Alcoholic or Addict
- Information for the parent of an alcoholic or drug abusing child.
- Share Your Alcoholic Addict Family Story
- Share your alcoholic addict family story with others. This is often a key step towards improving your life situation.
- Other Information
- Other information related to alcohol addiction and drug addiction
- Master Question List
- Master Question List about living with or loving an alcoholic addict.
- Humor & Quotes
- Humor and quotes related to alcohol addiction and drug abuse
- About Me
- About me, the author of www.my-alcoholic-addict.com web site.
- Contact Me
- Provides a form to contact me and ask questions or submit comments.
- Site Map
- A site map of all pages on the site.